By Carol Scaini; Carolyn Evans
Read Online or Download 50 games for going green : physical activities that teach healthy environmental concepts PDF
Similar dance books
Introduces the background, tools of training, ceremonial kinds, simple steps, and well-known figures of conventional Irish, Polish, and Spanish dance.
The tango is well the main iconic dance of the final century, its pictures as frequent as an previous pal. yet are they the complete tale? Peeling again the poster propaganda that has continually characterised the tango publicly, this intimate research indicates the invisible center of the dance and the tradition that raised it.
Ten foreign dramaturg-scholars strengthen proposals that reset notions of organisation in modern dance construction. Dramaturgy turns into pushed by means of creative inquiry, disbursed between taking part artists, embedded in improvisation initiatives, or weaved via viewers engagement, and the dramaturg turns into a facilitator of dramaturgical know-how.
- I Want to Be Ready: Improvised Dance as a Practice of Freedom
- Modern Dance (World of Dance)
- Transnational Desires: Brazilian Erotic Dancers in New York
- The Routledge dance studies reader
- Step Dancing in Ireland: Culture and History
Additional info for 50 games for going green : physical activities that teach healthy environmental concepts
Station 5: Trash-ball targets Equipment 3 crumpled-paper balls per student 3 or 4 garbage bins, recycling bins, or basketball hoops (use bins of various heights and sizes) 3 or 4 pylons Activity 1. Students shoot hoops with recycled-paper balls. 2. Challenge students to hit a variety of bins. 3. Challenge students to shoot from various distances, using pylons as markers. • • • Station 6: Make a wish for the earth Equipment 1 bucket or recycling bin 10 coins per student Activity 1. Place a bucket in the middle of a circle in the gym.
2. Run back to start. 5/434720/KE/R2 Circuit and Station Activities 49 This page intentionally left blank. Chapter 4 Literacy and Drama Activities Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I understand. —Ancient Chinese proverb The activities in this chapter engage the mind and body by allowing students to think while being active. These literacy and drama activities encourage students to be active and to think about the way we treat Mother Earth and improve self-confidence. Creating a healthy mind, a healthy body, and a healthy world can be possible when we make green choices.
Recycle and save the earth’s resources. Think of an everyday item that you use that can be reused in a different way. Equipment • 1 set of flags or signs attached to broom handles, each with a differ- • ent environmental message per team: • Reduce what you use. • Reuse what you can. • Recycle the rest. • Three cheers for planet Earth! 1 pylon with a hole in the top for each flag Setup • Create four flags on broom handles for each of the groups. • Divide the students into groups of four. • Provide each group with a set of flags.