By Joan Dexter Blackmer
Read or Download Acrobats of the Gods: Dance and Transformation (Studies in Jungian Psychology By Jungian Analysts, 39) PDF
Similar dance books
Introduces the heritage, tools of training, ceremonial kinds, uncomplicated steps, and recognized figures of conventional Irish, Polish, and Spanish dance.
The tango is definitely the main iconic dance of the final century, its photos as regularly occurring as an outdated buddy. yet are they the total tale? Peeling again the poster propaganda that has regularly characterised the tango publicly, this intimate learn indicates the invisible center of the dance and the tradition that raised it.
Ten foreign dramaturg-scholars enhance proposals that reset notions of supplier in modern dance production. Dramaturgy turns into pushed through inventive inquiry, dispensed between participating artists, embedded in improvisation projects, or weaved via viewers engagement, and the dramaturg turns into a facilitator of dramaturgical know-how.
- Mirrors and Scrims: The Life and Afterlife of Ballet
- Dance and the Hollywood Latina: Race, Sex, and Stardom
- The Ballets Russes and Beyond: Music and Dance in Belle-Époque Paris
- The Dance Theatre of Kurt Jooss
- The Little Capoeira Book
- Dance improvisations : warm-ups, games and choreographic tasks
Additional info for Acrobats of the Gods: Dance and Transformation (Studies in Jungian Psychology By Jungian Analysts, 39)
Doris Humphrey: An Artist First, p. 107. Page 48 Earlier, I suggested that the body, and with it the ego, may find and secure its boundaries by being touched externally. This plants the individual in reality.
W. Manchester, The Dance Encyclopedia, New York, Simon and Schuster, 1967. Page 7 There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist. The world will not have it. Martha Graham. Sport puts an exceptional valuation on the body, and this tendency is emphasized still further in modern dancing. The fascination of the psyche brings about a new self- appraisal, a reassessment of our fundamental human nature.
626. , par. 748. Page 12 Extraction of Mercurius and coronation of the Virgin. Lower level: Mercurius being extracted from the prima materia. Upper level: Assumption and coronation of the Virgin. (Speculum trinitatis from Reusner, Pandora, 1588) Page 13 Then I am outside watching the building. There are two geared wheels connected by a bar attached to the building outside the window of the imprisoned woman. Two small, very agile, acrobats somersault from one wheel to the other, thus turning them.