By Mario Rodriguez
Step by step directions, cutlists and ideal method images and illustrations will make this booklet attract woodworkers with various levels of craftsmanship. advent MANTEL-MAKING fundamentals basic COLONIAL MANTEL GEORGIAN MANTEL basic FEDERAL MANTEL ARTS AND CRATTS MANTEL THE waterproof coat MANTEL VICTORIAN MANTEL GREENE AND GREENE MANTEL artwork DECO MANTEL modern ARCHITECTURAL MANTEL
Read Online or Download Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any Style Home PDF
Similar woodworking books
The artwork of Woodworking - Shop-Made Jigs and Fixtures
Part of the preferred Time-Life woodworking sequence. A jig courses the device to the paintings, whereas a fixture publications the paintings to the device. This hardcover provides either varieties rather good.
With quite a few attractive color photos of every laptop in numerous levels of movement, dozens of step by step pictures plus exact plans and templates, this publication is definitely the right present for either beginner and skilled woodworkers. additionally, the designs during this booklet shape an ideal beginning for stimulating tuition and school craft, layout and expertise initiatives.
The artwork of Woodworking outdoors furnishings' is a very illustrated advisor on tips to construct outside furnishings that might withstand the weather and final.
A gallery of the paintings of a few of the worlds most sensible woodworking artists. Patrick Spielman introduces the woodworkers themselves who proportion a few of their services, slicing styles and targeted tools in forty six tasks.
- Children's Furniture Projects With Step-by-Step Instructions and Complete Plans
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Jigs & Fixtures (Complete Illustrated Guides)
- The Art of Woodworking Outdoor furniture
- Puzzles in Wood - Simple Patterns for Creating 45 Classics
Additional resources for Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any Style Home
4. Place the mantel tops in position, and scribe the back edges if necessary. Then screw down into the pilasters with trim-head screws to secure the tops. 5. Nail on the cove molding at the top of the pilasters. 6 . Slip the plinths over the pilasters and scribe them to the floor if necessary, then screw the plinths to the pilasters. 7. Fill the exposed screw and nail holes with a latex wood filler or acrylic caulk and touch up with paint after the filler dries. The last piece of molding is pin-nai led into place , covering the pilaster screws and completing the cornice.
Use construction adhesive and a couple finish nails to secure the shims. Repeat this process every 2 ft. along the wall. 2. Mark the furring strip locations. -high wall, plan on five strips and mark out the wall accordingly. Place one strip 3 in. from the ceiling, another 3 in. from the floor, and one about every 2 ft. in between. 3. Attach the furring strips directly to the masonry wall with masonry screws. Hanging the paneling 1. Start with the second board in from the end- the end boards will get scribed to fit last.
C Ca p ital moldi ng " ~ Trim sereWS placed be hind capital moldin g band ,,---- Pilaster The capital band (molding set at the top of the pilasters) is placed over the trim screws attaching the pilaster to the foundation . 58 SIMPLE FEDERAL MANTEL with the foundation board and that the spaces at the ends are equal. 2. Position the pilasters under the architrave, and add the biscuits and glue to reinforce the joint. Secure the pilasters to the fo undation with l 'A -in. screws. Locate the screws at the bottom and top or the pilasters, where they'll be covered over with the capital and torus moldings.